As Christians, we are taught that it is the blood of Jesus that creates a pathway for forgiveness from sin and our relationship with God. While this is true, a church service filled with praise, worship, and messages from our spiritual leaders provides the key that unlocks our minds and our spirits to receive God’s messages.
Although we improve our relationship with the Lord by spending time with Him daily through prayer and reading our Bibles, praise, worship, and fellowship together with a community of believers in a church service is a healing, restorative tool. It changes our mindset for the better. It aligns our affections for Him, refocuses our priorities, and refreshes our souls. Our spirit becomes more open and receptive to receiving the Word of God, and awakens our passion to praise God through song, celebration, worship, and prayer.
A Church Service and 7 Other Ways to Connect with God
At KSM (Kerksondermure), we believe in a multifaceted relationship with our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Access to His Word can now be achieved through several different avenues, and we all must take advantage of every one of them. Some of the avenues include:
- Pray and read your Bible daily to keep your faith alive.
- Use technology to connect with fellow Christians online.
- Join our Bible study groups for enrichment and education.
- Follow our YouTube channel where we share knowledge and educate you in the Word.
- Guide your partner and children daily to continually educate them in the Word.
- Educate and guide the youth of our church. They are the next generation of leaders.
- Get involved with church activities, help others in their time of need, and assist at charity events.
We appreciate and love those of you that follow and watch our online recorded services, both nationally and internationally. If you are farther afield, we encourage you to get involved with your local community and assist in areas such as the above examples. It uplifts the soul and keeps your spirit alive.
These avenues will enrich your life and the lives of those blessed by your activities and sacrifices, both on a personal and spiritual level. It also expands on how you may constantly remain in the Light and Love of Jesus Christ. However, sometimes life happens. Worldly problems or events might fog up the path of righteousness, and sometimes our walk with the Lord is clouded with sadness or depression.
In these instances, nothing reignites and invigorates our spirit like attending a church service. Sharing in the love and communal happiness of fellow believers through praise, worship, and fellowship will do the following for your broken spirit:
- Your Heavenly eyes will be opened.
- Your Spiritual mind will awaken.
- Your head will be lifted to the Lord.
- Your heart will be filled with love.
- Your worries and anxieties will be cast out.
- Your broken spirit and torn soul will be healed.
- Your faith in the Lord will be refortified.
- Your fellowships with others will be restored.
We are all one community and one family in the Lord here at KSM. If you have challenges in your life or if worldly events have affected you, we encourage you to join a church service with us. Reach out to us and refill your cup with strength, love, and fortitude to carry on. Always know that we at Kerksondermure are here for you.